“Traveling is a major part of who I am”
1. What did attract you to accept the proposal to come and visit Catalonia
That was the easy part! Haha. Who would say no? That was a no-brainer for us.
2. How and when did you start to use Instagram/to make videos from your trips / to write about them…?
I started filming my friends skateboarding and wakeboarding back in High School. So I’ve been doing it for about 10 years or so. I started small, and then worked my way up to bigger and bigger adventures until I was being asked to travel the world and film! I’m incredibly lucky. And I never forget that.
if I do something I love, I’ll never work a day in my life.
3. Do/es Instagram/your blog/ your videos have changed the way you travel?
I would say yes, but making films is such a core part of who I am that I really don’t know any other way. So yes and no. When I go on trips like these, I literally cannot resist the urge to shoot even if it is only for myself!
4. Tell us one thing that you will never forget from your visit to Catalonia
By far our favorite activity that we did was riding in a hot-air balloon over Garrotxa. It was a beautiful cool morning and we got to watch the sunrise over volcanos. It was our first time ever in a hot-air balloon. And we obviously loved getting to meet Ivana and the whole crew! That was actually our favorite part. Such good people. We miss you all!
5. Can you briefly describe in 140 characters the places you have visited (Barcelona, Costa Brava, Pyreness…)?
We visited Garrotxa, Cap de Creus, Barcelona, Pyrenese, the little village where Dali lived and many others!
– Forgive my spelling, I’m going from memory! haha
6. Which is the best advice you have received?
The best advice I’ve ever received was from my mom. As a kid I grew up with her always telling me that if I do something I love, I’ll never work a day in my life. And I really remember those words now as I’m doing just that! Maybe that advice helped to subconsciously influence the person I became today. I would like to think so.
Traveling opens minds to an entire world perspective.
7. What does travelling mean to you?
Traveling is a major part of who I am. A major part. Cori and I are getting ready to go to Australia here soon and we’re very excited. Traveling opens minds to an entire world perspective. Often it’s too easy for people who don’t travel to accidentally fall into a narrow world view, pretending that everyone is like themselves and if they aren’t, they should act like they do. But this isn’t the case. The world is far too big and far too exciting for everyone to be the same. That would be so boring. And when you travel, you get to experience the whole world and all these different ways of life. I truly believe traveling only leads to nurturing better people. How could we live without it?