“Creating videos has become the reason for travel”
1. What did attract you to accept the proposal to come and visit Catalonia
Not the worst email to receive 🙂 The chance to visit and shot such a beautiful part of the world is not one you turn down.
It was really magical watching the gothic quarter light up with spectacular views all around.
2. How and when did you start to use Instagram/to make videos from your trips / to write about them…?
My first travel video went viral after being launched on Vimeo in 2011. It had been a longstanding goal to get a million plays but I wasn’t expecting my first video to do this.
I had spent a year living and traveling around Vietnam trying out new filming ideas and shooting the beautiful landscape.
3. Do/es Instagram/your blog/ your videos have changed the way you travel?
Creating videos has become the reason for travel. A considerable amount of work goes into the shooting, location scouting, post production so trips are very much geared around the creation of a video rather than free spirited travel. It has allowed me to visit and see some amazing things along the way.
4. Tell us one thing that you will never forget from your visit to Catalonia
One evening somewhere in the middle of filming I was shooting night falling over Barcelona as seen from the top of Santa Maria Del Pi, was really magical watching the gothic quarter light up with spectacular views all around.
5. Can you briefly describe in 140 characters the places you have visited (Barcelona, Costa Brava, Pyreness…)?
My first travel video went viral after being launched on Vimeo.
6. Which is the best advice you have received?
‘Get on with it’
7. What does travelling mean to you?
Escaping your comfort zone, leaving familiar things behind is both liberating and inspiring. Would be a shame to miss out.